Quick Tips to help take control of your personal life.

REAL Home Economics from a frugal, practical, fiscally savvy working mom.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Paper - Read the paper; not the ads!

It's Sunday.
Call me old fashioned, but my favorite part of the weekend is reading the news in paper form with a good cup of coffee. When I scaled back my career (& salary) I also scaled back what parts of the Sunday paper I read.

More precisely... recycle the Ad circulars before you read the front page, comics or whichever your preferred 1st section may be.

It's amazing how infrequently I "need" to go to Target now. I can't tell you how much I've saved, but I can tell you the best way to save money is by NOT shopping.

It's time to savor the book review section!
Happy Sunday,
- Practical Jenn

1 comment:

  1. So true...Going to a one car family saved us not only the extra car payment, but all the shopping trips we *didn't* make!

    ReplyDelete